[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated - 4d02bbbfb4d74367bde0f768c02ddb99910ef62d

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Dec 23 19:32:35 GMT 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 11:25:42AM -0800, Tim Prouty wrote:

> I actually did write one, but ran into a few problems:
>
> 1. Samba 4's smbclient was having some issues when receiving a trans2
> response with Data Count equal to the request's Max Data Count.  This
> caused the wrong error message to be passed up to smbtorture.  A windows
> XP client had no problem receiving a response with Data Count == Max Data
> Count, and was able to execute the buffer sizing algorithm described in
> the comment against samba.
>
> 2. I may have missed something, but I didn't see a way in Samba 4's
> smbclient to set the Max Data Count.  It appears to be hard coded to
> 64K.  This prevented me from writing a torture test that really
> reproduces what the windows client does.
>
> I didn't spend too much time tinkering with samba 4's smbclient, but if
> anyone is interested in looking, I attached the test.  I'll try and get
> to it after I get a few other higher priority items done.

Ok, cool - no problem. It's hard when the infrastructure
isn't there, but I scarfed your fix for 3.3 and 3.2 as the
streams code is stable and the same there.

> Jeremy, speaking of RAW-STREAMS torture, how is the rename fix going?  I
> also wrote a rename torture test last week to reproduce that exact bug
> :).  I was about to get started on writing a fix when I saw that you
> already wrote one :).  Once you get RAW-STREAMS passing again, I'll push
> any additions I have in my rename test.

RAW-STREAMS is actually passing right now against 3.3.x.
The build farm failures seem to be many different issues
right now. I'm concentrating on removing all gcc 4.3.x
warnings first as RAW-STREAMS is ok.

Can you push any new stuff you have so I can look at it ?

Thanks,

Jeremy.