ctdb patches in git://git.samba.org/obnox/ctdb.git

Michael Adam ma at sernet.de
Wed Dec 17 11:43:22 GMT 2008

Hi Ronnie,

...to harrass you a little bit more... ;-)

I have put together a couple of more patches to ctdb rebased on
your current master branch in my ctdb.git repo at
git://git.samba.org/obnox/ctdb.git :

* fix chkconfig instructions on the web site

* fix formatting errors (linebreaks) in your recovery doc

* fix the makerpms script to be callable from anywhere.

* fix the makerpms script to extract the version information
  from the spec file

* fix versioning scheme in the spec file:

  The current version of ctdb is 1.0.68.
  But in the spec file, the version is 1.0 and the release
  (aka the RPM build version) is 68.
  I fixed that to set the ctdb Version to 1.0.68 and the
  rpm release to 1.
  So when you call makerpms.sh now, you will get
  ctdb-1.0.68-1.*.rpm instead of ctdb-1.0-68.*.rpm
  That's what it should be like.

  You could use this versioning scheme for the upcoming 1.0.69
  release and then switch to the proper 1.70-1 scheme as disussed
  on IRC for the next release.

  With the patches to the makerpms.sh script, you will only
  ever need to do the version changes in the specfile, no need
  to adapt the makerpms.sh ... :-)

Cheers - Michael

--
Michael Adam <ma at sernet.de>  <obnox at samba.org>
phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9