rename lib/events => lib/tevent

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Tue Dec 16 23:52:46 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have created a branch that renames source4/lib/events into lib/tevent/
and adds compat headers, so that we don't need to change all callers.

The aim is to produce a standalone library that can be installed as
system library as talloc and tdb. The 2nd aim is to finally share the
code between source3 and source4, but this needs some more work.

http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master4-tevent

Could someone please try it OpenChange still work with this changes?

When this code is in I planed to rename all functions and structs to
have tevent_ as prefix, but keep compact defines to keep existing
callers happy. Then we should add the needed bits for samba3
and disable nested event loops by default, but enable them in 'samba'
binary of source4/. The last step will be to fix all the callers
in source3 and source4.

metze