Help wanted - simple python or perl script for schema conversion

Sreepathi Pai sree314 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 20:17:20 GMT 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 2:35 PM, Sreepathi Pai <sree314 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 1:05 PM, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
>
>> Oddly, I also have a weird issue to report - even with your script as
>> is, the provision fails.  I ran it like:
>>
>> python ../../scripting/bin/minschema_wspp
>> MS-AD_Schema_Attributes_v20080618.txt MS-AD_Schema_Classes_v20080618.txt
>> --dump-classes --dump-attributes > ../schema.ldif
>
> I haven't tested it with 'make test', but the above command would not
> generate the Aggregate entry. Is this what you want? Can you try
> without any options? I'll try to check it too.

Attached patch fixes a couple of issues with the script:

Manually add relevant objectClass attribute to attributes
(attributeSchema) and classes (classSchema) to the output.
(The ADA/ADSC docs do not contain this attribute).

Translate oMObjectClass attribute contents to binary octet string.

Fix bug when reading multivalued attributes from a LDIF file.

It still does not provision, however, now I'm seeing this error during
make test:

dsdb/schema/schema_init.c:697: 'gecos': unable to map attributeID
1.3.6.1.1.1.1.2: WERR_DS_NO_MSDS_INTID
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./setup/provision", line 183, in <module>
    ldap_backend_type=opts.ldap_backend_type)
  File "bin/python/samba/provision.py", line 1025, in provision
    ldap_backend_type=ldap_backend_type)
  File "bin/python/samba/provision.py", line 758, in setup_samdb
    names.hostname)
  File "bin/python/samba/provision.py", line 1544, in load_schema
    samdb.attach_schema_from_ldif(head_data, schema_data)
  File "bin/python/samba/samdb.py", line 188, in attach_schema_from_ldif
    misc.dsdb_attach_schema_from_ldif_file(self, pf, df)
RuntimeError: (8596, 'WERR_DS_NO_MSDS_INTID')

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with prefixMap.txt contents. MS-ADA3
describes the attribute as "internal use only".
FWIW, 'gecos' is a new attribute in the generated schema.ldif.

--
Sreepathi Pai