Patch to improve Samba write speeds on Linux ext3 with 3.2.x

Mon Dec 15 18:01:05 GMT 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 10:07:31PM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> I'm including this patch as an attachment. It is currently
> experimental, and I need some feedback before we decide
> if it's worth including in the mainline.

To make feedback a bit easier, I've done a little torture
test that is available on

http://git.samba.org/?p=vl/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/windows-writetest

It does the Windows write pattern: 1 byte at the end of a
block, then the rest. It's not yet upstream because it
depends on the not-yet-upstream async cli_write_andx to make
it more independent of network latencies.

Volker