[RELEASE PLANNING 3.3] Delaying 3.3.0?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sun Dec 14 09:25:27 GMT 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 01:03:22PM +0100, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> Hash: SHA1
> Hey folks,
> as there were a lot of checkins since 3.3.0rc1 I propose not to ship 3.3.0 final
> on Monday, December 15. In addition, there are some issues which should be fixed
> until the final release:
> - -Access check issue(s) (e.g. joining w2k clients into Samba 3.3.0 domains does not
>  work)
> - -Trying to put a file which already exists as a directory on a Samba share using
>  smbclient ends up in NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER insetad of
>  NT_STATUS_FILE_IS_A_DIRECTORY (exists in 3.2.x, too). Volker is working on this
>  one.
> That's why I propose to ship another rc on Monday and to delay 3.3.0 until
> January 6. Are there any objections?

Nope, that works for me. There are several bugs we need to get fixed first
and we're getting feedback on the RC's.



More information about the samba-technical mailing list