interpret_long_filename changes from 3.0 to 3.2

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Sat Dec 13 07:00:26 GMT 2008

Hi Jeremy,

I'm currently trying to understand the changes you made to
libsmb/clilist.c:interpret_long_filename() when you cleared out the pstrings
there. This is to debug the remaining issue of bug #5953. You already fixed
the segfault there, but it seems the entries that caused the segfault are not
being displayed now.

Looking at the traces, it seems like the access check at line 91 (on
libsmb/clilist.c in current v3-2-test) is wrong. At least for the traces I've
seen, the len already includes the null terminator, so a check for
p + len + 1 < pdata_end
would certainly fail for the last entry.

Can you confirm that if len already includes the null termination, the + 1 in
the check is not needed?

Cheers,
Kai
--