[Samba 4] Access to GPO failed

Son Nguyen sonnh at saigontech.edu.vn
Sat Dec 6 10:27:30 GMT 2008

Hi all,
    I try to deploy Samba 4 as a domain controller as Samba Wiki guide:
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO
After download and install the newest version (Samba 4.0.0alpha6 - GIT -
Dec 4 2008), provision to domain controller success.

    * Running Samba4 in standard mode:
          o Windows (XP and 2003) cannot join domain with error message:
            The following error occourred attempting to join the domain
            "DOMAIN".
            An internal error occurred.
          o Samba4 message:
            dcesrv_init_context: fail to find endpoin server ='epmapper'
            make_connetion: NTVFS make connection failed.
    * Running Samba4 in single mode
          o Windows client can join domain success, I can create OUs or
            Groups and Users using dsa.msc but it's failed when I try to
            edit the GPO. Error message:
            Failed to open the Group Policy Object. You may not have
            appropriate rights.
            Detail:
            The network path was not found

Please help me to solve this problem. I'm waiting for your response.

Regard,
Son Nguyen