1c (accounting application) and samba 3.0.24: huge perfs problems

Matthieu Patou mat+Informatique.xen at matws.net
Thu Dec 4 21:22:00 GMT 2008

Hello all,

We are running a samba 3.0.24 in production which hold files for 1c (a
russian accounting application), globaly the perfs are good but in some
kind of report not very big we have very huge slow down.

I made a trace and I see something  70% of"Locking andX request/reponse"
request and roughly the same in term of volume.

We can see that the application if reading a kind of 2/3 berkley db
files but just a few bytes at a time and at random places.

I am wondering if it is the application that is badly designed and there
is nothing to do, or if with some parameters I could tweak samba so that
result can be better.

Matthieu.