your mail

Nick Boyce nick.boyce at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 17:02:50 GMT 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Volker Lendecke
<Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de> wrote:

> If you want to see the absolute maximum read performance
> you might want to use the 3.2 smbclient get command. I have
> modified it to keep the pipe as full as possible, one test
> I've seen transferred 500GB/sec over 10GigE.

Hi Volker,

[this isn't important, but ...] none of us here in my office are
networking gods, but our heads collectively exploded when we read that
last sentence.  Surely that's impossible ... you can't transfer 500
Gigabytes-per-second over a 10-Gigabit-per-second link ...... can you
?

Am I having a braino, or did you make a typo ?

:-)

Cheers
Nick Boyce
--
Joel's First rule of forensics: Don't just do something, stand there!