Copyright file for Samba4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Aug 29 02:14:03 GMT 2008

Jelmer,

I wondered if you might find someone on the debian side of things with
an interest to work on a better copyright file for Samba4?  I'm talking
about the file I find here:

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/s/samba4/current/copyright

(but we should actually include it in Samba4 itslef).

The python-wmi package has made a good start, at

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/w/wmi/current/copyright

But I think we need to include more Heimdal licences (it is not all
under one licence, but so far I have not found anything particularly GPL
incompatible, particularly against GPLv3).  In the upstream code this is
(hopefully completely) summarised in doc/copyright.texi

Once completed (any idea if it could be automated?), I'm hoping to share
this file between Fedora and Debian packages.

(Perhaps this is a good reason to get towards using an unmodified
Heimdal release, so we can just deal with this in the Heimdal package).

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.