Question about torture/rpc/netlogon.c

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Wed Aug 27 06:48:54 GMT 2008

Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Like the 'net samdump' command alredy does (where NT4 replication is
> still available) and 'net vampire' does (replicating the whole DB, from
> which you can dump out the passwords with not more than an ldbsearch)?

  Hmm... The samdump program gives the Kerberos keytab file.  I can't
find much documentation saying what's in it, but the source code leads
me to believe that it's the NT hash of the passwords.  Is that true?

  I'm really looking for the simplest program that will take a domain
and user, and grab just the NT hash for that user.  If one doesn't
exist, but can be based on existing code, just point me there.  I'll go
write it and submit the patches back.

  Alan DeKok.