access idmap cache directly from smbd

Sean O'Malley omalleys at msu.edu
Tue Aug 26 20:45:06 GMT 2008

I agree with Simo. An hour is reasonable.

The default nscd positive cache timeout is 1 hour.

You have a couple of things going on. First is finding stale cache is a
pain. You made the changes, and it still doesnt work. ... You get calls.

I -assume- maybe incorrectly there is no way to clear the cache the
without restarting the whole server, which with a 7 day cache timeout
means any major changes you have to restart the server which can cause
issues for people.

Also just out of curiousity how much time vs memory are we talking about
saving? At what point is it going to be faster to just look up the data
versus looking in the cache? Is there a default cache size limit?

Sean