Binary packages for all SUSE and other Linux systems (was: Samba 3.2.2 Available for Download)

Lars Müller lmuelle at suse.de
Thu Aug 21 21:15:19 GMT 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 12:44:48PM +0200, Karolin Seeger wrote:
[ 8< ]
> Binary packages will be made available on a volunteer basis from
>
>         http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/

RPM package installation sources of Samba 3.2.2 (STABLE) for SUSE Linux
products are available at ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/samba/STABLE/

The same package installation sources are also available at
http://download.Samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/SuSE/

For easier collaboration Samba packages are also provided by the
openSUSE Build Service for many different Linux flavors[1] at
http://en.opensuse.org/Samba#openSUSE_Build_Service

If you encounter any problems with these packages please don't blame the
Samba Team.  Instead file a bug to https://bugzilla.Samba.org/, pick
product Samba 3.2, then select 'component' Packaging and set 'assign to'
to samba-maintainers at suse dot de.  Or use http://bugzilla.Novell.com/
with the same assignee instead.

For general information about Samba as part of SUSE Linux based products
see http://en.openSUSE.org/Samba  For reporting bugs and how to collect
advanced debugging information see http://en.openSUSE.org/Bugs/Samba

Our customers, our products, our responsibility.

Have a lot of fun...

Lars Müller - for the Novell Samba Team

[1] Currently these are CentOS, Fedora, Mandriva, RedHat Enterprise
(RHEL), SUSE Linux Enterprise (SLE), and openSUSE.
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]
Samba Team