access idmap cache directly from smbd

Sean O'Malley omalleys at msu.edu
Wed Aug 20 14:02:17 GMT 2008

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> So what's your take on requiring winbindd as a cache
> manager for a PDC ? It should work on a PDC now, but
> I'm interested in customer feedback/opinions.

I think this is the wrong thread.  I haven't had time to look at the 3.2
series.  I am going to mention it anyway. :)

We are run smbd out of inetd on like 100 near identical machines. We ran
into an issue in the 3.0.x with the sid generation not being consistant
between the servers and it caused some issues with the "valid users"
configuration between the servers.