backend provision samba4-ol-multimaster working

Oliver Liebel oliver at itc.li
Tue Aug 19 09:25:17 GMT 2008

Andrew Bartlett schrieb:
> On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 10:42 +0200, Oliver Liebel wrote:
>
>> Oliver Liebel schrieb:
>>

>>> another important point: please use the two several loops i made, one
>>> for the serverid-count,
>>> one for the rid-count of the syncrepl-blocks.
>>> although the serverids and rids are unique, its not the way to handle it.
>>> the serverids should use a straight count form 1-n,
>>> and the rids too. serverids and rids can use the same count (from 1)
>>> as they are handled
>>> seperately during replication.
>>> a straight serverid and rid count will make the config file more easy
>>> to read and understand,
>>>

> Well, then should we do RIDs of the form '101', '102', '103'?

yes, absolutely. that would be a good way to make it.

>>> and will be relevant in particular when debugging replication
>>> issues, so please change it back to the originally intended form (2
>>> loops, both counting from 1).
>>>
>> i forgot to mention, that you didnt use the separate replication port
>> (in my example 9000).
>> it _will_ cause trouble, if samba-ldap and slapd both listen to the same
>> port,
>> so please change it back to 9000 (or another free port)
>>

> No, the admin needs to choose the port when specifying the URLs.

yes, thats surely a better way as to use a (maybe not) free harcoded port.
but then we should mention that point in the quick help of
backend-provision, maybe like:

parser.add_option("--ol-mmr-urls", type="string", metavar="LDAPSERVER",
                help="List of LDAP-URLS [ ldap://<FQHN>:Port/  (with
Port <> 389) ]  separated with whitespaces for Use with OpenLDAP-MMR")

oliver