backend provision samba4-ol-multimaster working

Oliver Liebel oliver at itc.li
Tue Aug 19 08:23:09 GMT 2008

Andrew Bartlett schrieb:
> On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 09:15 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

>>> .... done, complete mmr-setup is working now as wanted, using the
>>> templating system
>>> (see attached files and diffs).
>>> please take a look on it, if its allright for you, we can talk about the
>>> next steps.
>>>
>> I hope to apply that to the tree today.
>>

> Can you check the current GIT tree, and see that I haven't stuffed
> anything up applying your patch?

please use the attached mmr_syncrepl.conf (or check the old one) ;
i  left a hidden <tabulator> on the last line , wich will produce an
config-file error when starting slapd.

another important point: please use the two several loops i made, one
for the serverid-count,
one for the rid-count of the syncrepl-blocks.
although the serverids and rids are unique, its not the way to handle it.
the serverids should use a straight count form 1-n,
and the rids too. serverids and rids can use the same count (from 1) as
they are handled
seperately during replication.
a straight serverid and rid count will make the config file more easy to
read and understand,
and will be relevant in particular when debugging replication
issues, so please change it back to the originally intended form (2
loops, both counting from 1).

> The next steps I think will be to move to a SASL password, then to
> replicate the Samba control partition, and finally to replicate
> cn=config.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit