Null pointer parameter in stat call in VFS layer

Cam Macdonell cam at cs.ualberta.ca
Thu Aug 14 00:23:09 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'm running a 3.0.28 server with a stackable VFS layer that I wrote.
I'm encountering a bug that didn't occur when I ran with 3.0.21c
previously.  When I initially connect to the samba server with
smbclient, the server executes a stat on the directory specified in the
share.  However, the call to my vfs_stat function (corresponds to
SMB_VFS_OP_STAT) receives a null pointer for the third parameter which
is of type SMB_STRUCT_STAT*.  Is there some circumstance where the stat
buffer might be null?  The expected behaviour of returning -1 with "Bad
Address" causes the samba connection to fail.

Thanks,
Cam