Vista join OK - but no AES

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Tue Aug 12 06:41:16 GMT 2008

Andrew Bartlett schrieb:
> Metze:
>
> You asked if the vista join to Samba4 was working any better.  It does
> work - on my virtual machine that would not previously join - see the
> attached trace (from my test network).
>
> However, close examination of the trace seems to indicate that we don't
> use AES any more.  Was that intentional?
>
> Thanks,

Does Vista uses aes keys against a w2k8 member server in a w2k3 domain?

dbb94133e0313cae933d261af0bf1210807a6d11 has changed it, we may need to
revert that, but we need to make sure make test still passes.

If you use "password_hash:create_aes_key=yes" aes keys should be used
by the kdc and also by the clients.

Could you send me a keytab for your captures?

metze