CTDB on cluster filesystem without file locking

lazycy yi.chen1982 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 13:55:43 GMT 2008

Hi, all
   I'm trying to implement cluster samba on my cluster file system. My
solution is CTDB+smaba, I noticed on CTDB homepage, there is one sentence in
the prerequisites part:
   We have primarily used the GPFS filesystem for our testing but any
cluster filesystem should work as long as it provides correct file locking.
   My concern is that my own cluster filesystem has not implement the
standard flie locking(fcntl) yet. (However, we use another solution to get
valid behavior when concurrent write operation happened) So, is it still
possible for me to use CTDB? I'm a newbie of CTDB. Very appreciate if you
can give me any suggestion!
Thanks,
Ethan