Update: Kerberos Ticket Forwarding Patch/Update [3.2]

Love Hörnquist Åstrand lha at kth.se
Fri Aug 1 21:26:40 GMT 2008

1 aug 2008 kl. 22.17 skrev Volker Lendecke:

> On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 02:06:34PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
>> Ok, I *officially* don't get what this code is trying to do then :-).
>
> This is exactly how I feel right now when I try to follow
> the Kerberos discussions on other channels. What the heck is
> AEAD

Associated Data Encrypted data. Allows you to authenticate the MS-RPC
header and trailer? and encrypt the payload, all one one operation.

See slide 6 and forward on http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/08mar/slides/saag-1/saag-1.htm

> and gss_wrap_ex?

Microsoft way of turning gss-api into SSPI so they can document how MS-
RPC works.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc207027.aspx

> (No, I'm not expecting an answer here and now :-))

You got one anyway.

Love