New features to Samba-3.0?

Scott Lovenberg scott.lovenberg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 20:48:44 GMT 2008

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 04:34:59PM -0400, Derrick Schommer wrote:
>
>> I'll port it to 3.0 while I'm at it.
>>

> We probably won't put this into a 3.0.x release, it's too
> much of a new-feature to get back-ported (IMHO).
>
> Jeremy.

Just wondering, is the Samba-3.0 branch maintenance-only now, or is it
on a case by case basis?
I know the RPM and DEB distros are following the 3.2 branch now and it's
filtering down from there, mostly, but I wonder if they'll be back
porting patches such as this one for distros that haven't reached EOL yet.