Build problems - samba4 + opensolaris 79b

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sun Apr 27 10:51:58 GMT 2008

Am Sonntag, den 27.04.2008, 16:44 +1000 schrieb Brad Hards:
> I'm attempting to get openchange to build on opensolaris (79b, aka 1/08). That
> requires samba4 (commit 7fccd85), which I'm trying to build using the
> "gmake samba4" script that comes with openchange - it roughly does a git
> checkout, reverts to the right version, then does the normal configure + make
> magic.
>
> It looks to be going wrong in the talloc build:
> gcc -fPIC -o socketpair.o -c ./../replace/socketpair.c -I./../replace -DHAVE_CONFIG_H= -I. -I.
> ar -rv libtalloc.a ./talloc.o replace.o snprintf.o getpass.o strptime.o timegm.o inet_ntop.o inet_pton.o inet_aton.o inet_ntoa.o getaddrinfo.o getifaddrs.o
> socketpair.o
> a - ./talloc.o
> a - replace.o
> a - snprintf.o
> a - getpass.o
> a - strptime.o
> a - timegm.o
> a - inet_ntop.o
> a - inet_pton.o
> a - inet_aton.o
> a - inet_ntoa.o
> a - getaddrinfo.o
> a - getifaddrs.o
> a - socketpair.o
> ar: creating libtalloc.a
> ar: writing libtalloc.a
> gcc -G -o libtalloc.so.1.2.0 ./talloc.o replace.o snprintf.o getpass.o strptime.o timegm.o inet_ntop.o inet_pton.o inet_aton.o inet_ntoa.o getaddrinfo.o get
> ifaddrs.o socketpair.o -Wl,-soname=libtalloc.so.1
> ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken
> gcc -fPIC -o testsuite.o -c testsuite.c -I./../replace -DHAVE_CONFIG_H= -I. -I.
> gcc -I./../replace -DHAVE_CONFIG_H= -I. -I. -o testsuite testsuite.o ./talloc.o replace.o snprintf.o getpass.o strptime.o timegm.o inet_ntop.o inet_pton.o i
> net_aton.o inet_ntoa.o getaddrinfo.o getifaddrs.o socketpair.o
> getservbyport                       getaddrinfo.o
> gethostbyaddr                       getaddrinfo.o
> gethostbyname                       getaddrinfo.o
> socket                              getifaddrs.o
> h_errno                             getaddrinfo.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to testsuite
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `testsuite'
> Current working directory /export/home/bradh/devel/openchange/trunk/samba4/source/lib/talloc
> Error in Step1 (error code 1)
>
> Unfortunately, I know almost nothing about opensolaris. I see that
> there is a solaris box in the build farm, so I guess it is possible
> to get it to build - I probably don't have the right library path or
> something like that.
It breaks on that build farm host as well, see:

http://build.samba.org/?function=View
+Build;host=sunX;tree=talloc;compiler=cc

Not sure what the best way would be to fix this. The simplest solution
would be to link talloc against -lsocket on Solaris, but ideally we
should simply not include getaddrinfo() in libreplace if it's not
needed.

Cheers,

Jelmer
Jabber: jelmer at jabber.fsfe.org