Question of changes in v3-2-test and beyond

Michael Adam ma at sernet.de
Thu Apr 24 08:24:07 GMT 2008

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> Karolin has called for the 3.20pre3 on Friday, April 25.

She had also announced the code freeze for April 22.
So it seems slightly untimely to me to raise these
questions just now... :-)

> I've posted a list of changes in v3-2-test that have yet
> to be merged at http://www.samba.org/~jerry/picks.log

Basically, I was done filing my commits for picking.

But I am *really* curioues how you produced that list.
With Metze's git cherry-script? Somehow git cherry seems
broken:
There are 28 patches by me listed. But only  12 of these
have not yet been merged!

Of these, 5 are the last vfs api change (removing the redundant
fd parameter from close_fn) just committed a couple of days
ago. I would of course *like* to see that in 3.2.0 to have the
API cleanup complete. (But I did not propose for picking becuse
I was too late.)

The other commits are more random, a couple of compiler warning
fixes and comment additions. I am not emotional about these.

Maybe the winbindd validation UA keylength path of Holger
Hetterich (fcd35232e111f9b046ae35d939d08c29d0d43438) and my
subsequent cleanup commit (e489f3d988feafe35b486b31a9e60c2399e6a6e7)
would make sense to be picked.

> Main questions I need some help with:
>
>   * Michael, Are all of you registry changes to be merged?

This is done, thanks.

Cheers  - Michael

--
Michael Adam <ma at sernet.de>
phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9