Search samba.org does not work

Deryck Hodge deryck at samba.org
Mon Apr 21 14:41:35 GMT 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Gerald (Jerry) Carter <jerry at samba.org> wrote:
>  Karolin Seeger wrote:
>  > Hi Deryck,
>  >
>  > Search samba.org seems to be broken.
>  > Is that a known problem?
>
>  Anyone know what ius up with de.samba.org ?

I don't.  But as an aside, I think we should get our search
functionality "in house" so to speak, since we can host search on the
same server as news.samba.org.  Previously, we relied on de.samba.org
because we didn't want to mirror cgi or worry with running it
ourselves.  Since we server dynamic content for news.samba.org anyway,
it seems proper to go ahead and handle search ourselves as well.

Cheers,
deryck