[patch] CUPS auth-info-required support in smbspool

James Peach jpeach at samba.org
Fri Apr 18 20:56:38 GMT 2008

On Apr 17, 2008, at 10:32 AM, Tim Waugh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is a patch against v3-2-test that adds support for "proxy
> authentication" of CUPS print jobs.  Briefly, this is a method for
> eliminating the need to have authentication details in the device URI,
> allowing the user to supply them by performing a CUPS-Authenticate-Job
> IPP request to the CUPS server.

Tim,

I have some pending patches from Mike Sweet in this area (I'm not a
CUPS/print expert, merely a conduit). WRT this patch, Mike says

	Since Samba expects the domain in the username, it isn't really
	doing the right thing with AUTH_DOMAIN and setting auth-info-required
	to "domain,username,password".  Also, the <cups/backend.h> header
	really isn't needed and will prevent smbspool from working on non-
	CUPS systems.

I should have Mike's smbspool changes through legal next week. Can you
hold this up until you see his changes?