nss_winbind is not thread safe, any suggestions to fix this?

boyang yyyeer.bo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 03:49:47 GMT 2007

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 12:34:55PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 10:51:19PM +0800, boyang wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, all:
>>>
>>> Please review the patch, for 3_2_0
>>>
>>> thanks!
>>>
>> Ok, I think this is a more complete (and correct) patch.
>>
>> Thanks for your initial work on this ! Much appreciated.
>>
>> If you could review this I'd greatly appreciate it.
>>

> And here's a version that actually compiles :-).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeremy

hi, Allison:
     1. Could you explain the reason of renaming keep_response? I cannot
see any difference except it becomes more clear after the renaming.  In
my opinion, keep_response works properly without renaming them.

     2. I can understand why you add pthread_mutex_lock/unlock
respectively in setpwent/setgrent and endpwent/endgrent.
But when I write the patch,  I take setpwent-getpwent-endpwent as one
object, and use pthread_mutex_lock in setXXent function,
pthread_mutex_unlock in endXXent function.  I think I have thought too
much about it :-).
     You are right. Respective pthread_mutex_lock/unlock operates normally.

Thanks

best
       regards
boyang