smbd does not support space in user or group name

Lewis Batcher lewisb at koretech.com
Tue Sep 25 19:47:47 GMT 2007

Hi,

We, as in Kore Technologies, have a customer that has a Samba share. A
process we wrote created files that were written to the Samba share with
a '~' (tilde) in the ID.  The original file write had a date/time stamp
in the ID that contained a ':' (colon). We can't delete them. It gives
us an error saying it can't find the file. (right click and delete).

Can you help?

Thanks,

Lewis Batcher

Kore Technologies, Senior Programmer / Analyst.

"Solutions that work. People who care."

V 858.678.0030 F 858.300.2600 W koretech.com