wins.dat or wins.tdb

Andreas Moroder andreas.moroder at sb-brixen.it
Mon Sep 24 09:32:06 GMT 2007

Hello,

could anyone please help me with a few informations about wins.dat

On our machines running Version 3.0.22 wins data is stored in wins.dat

In the sources of 3.0.25c the function initialise_wins opens both the
tdb and the .dat
Is the wins data stored in both places in future ?

The comment to initialise_wins says
"Load or create the WINS database"
Here create is not intended as "create the file" but as create the
memory structure ?

I would like to create a dlz extension for bind that uses the wins data
for dns name resolution.
Can anyone tell me what function in nmbd_winsserver.c I have to call to
get back a list or a array with all the wins data ?

Thanks
Andreas