SMB bulk add utility

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Tue Sep 18 01:21:00 GMT 2007

Peter,

The raw password is needed in order to generate the hashes used for Windows
authentication.  If kerberos is supported then there may be an option, but
for NTLM or NTLMv2 authentication you'll need the NTLM hash.  If that's not
already in eDirectory, then you'll need to generate it and it can only be
generated from the original password.

That's the nature of security systems.  You shouldn't be able to get the raw
password out of the system.  It should only ever go in (and be destroyed
after it is used).

Chris -)-----

--
"Implementing CIFS - the Common Internet FileSystem"    ISBN: 013047116X
Samba Team -- http://www.samba.org/    -)-----     Christopher R. Hertel
ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/    -)-----          crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/   -)-----             crh at ubiqx.org