[SAMBA4] GPO does not work well and properties are not correctly shown in Japanese env.

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Mon Sep 17 17:43:06 GMT 2007

Hi all

I'm testing samba-4.0.0alpha1 and have some issues.

(1) GPO does not work:

I'm looking at:
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO#Managing_Samba_4_Active_Directory_From_WIndows_XP_Pro
Indeed I can edit Default Domain Policy and can create new OUs and
GPOs assosiated with them, but it seems that any GPOs are not applied.

I tested samba-4.0.0alpha1 and Windows XP SP2 (both English and
Japanese edition).

Is this an expected behavior in this version?

(2) On Windows XP SP2 Pro (Japanese)

When we try to see an user's proprety, we actually see only these 4
tabs: Environment, Sessions, Remote control, Terminal services
Profile.

On Windows XP SP2 (en), the user's property is correctly shown.

Also I tried to test with Windows XP SP2 Pro (ja) and English version
of adminpak for Windows Server 2003 SP1 but became some result.

(3) On Windows XP SP2 Pro (Japanese)

When we try to see a group's proprety, we actually see the message
that mean "There is no property".

On Windows XP SP2 (en), the group's property is correctly shown.

Is this an expected behavior in this version?

-----
TAKAHASHI, Motonobu (monyo)                    monyo at monyo.com
                                               http://www.monyo.com/