Bug in talloc_asprintf_append()

simo idra at samba.org
Fri Sep 14 15:01:35 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 15:42 +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:

> I think we need talloc_*_append_end() functions which use
> the optimisation, as this is the reason the RPC-ECHO timeouts
> when the validate option is used.

What about instead a function that tales a len field called something
like: talloc_*_append_at(), where you define at what point exactly you
want to append to, this would move the decision to check for length or
not in the caller, which can reuse an already calculated length if
necessary.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce