Remove and replace Samba Debian packaging tree ?

simo idra at samba.org
Wed Sep 12 17:53:20 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 03:11 +0930, Dan Shearer wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 06:46:17PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
>
> > About replacing the current packaging/Debian by our work, I advise
> > against doing this *blindly*, particularly for our patches..
>
> Certainly.
>
> But my feeling is that your work is a much better starting point than
> the bitrotted packages there at present.

Just to be clear, the sarge packaging is up to date and I still build
out packages, anything else is not.

And also I always used the fhs.patch (and I hate it :-) because my aim
was to make it possible for the samba packages to be installed on debian
systems without problems replacing the distribution packages.

That said I never found much acceptance of the FHS patch among the team
and that's why I never applied it to mainstream code.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer