SWAT in Samba4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Sep 11 13:15:23 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 16:27 +0800, KS Tan wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
> So you mean we will have another swat inside the source code?
> Mean while we don't have any swat?

Samba4 continues to have SWAT, being the version from before TP3.  This
version is simple, and primarily serves to show the install and
provision panes.  I expect to do some more cleanup of SWAT before the
next alpha - possibly even adding some tests to ensure we don't break
it.

If there is sufficient interest in AJAX style programming and
maintenance in future, then the alpha1 code can be revived.

I hope to have a configuration file for phpldapadmin generated by the
provision script, and work to have this editor work well as a primary
LDB editor for Samba4 into the future.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.