Unix types in IDL code?

Mon Sep 10 11:31:47 GMT 2007

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 09:24:58PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > What should I do here?
>
> 64 bit types seems the easy option to me.  If you are going as far as
> IDL, having it depending on the size of uid_t seems silly.

That's not my point. If I put those into ndr_basic.c I would
encode them as 64 bit. My point is that I want the C
structure definitions as done by PIDL to be the real unix
types, I don't want to always cast/convert etc.

The question here is: Now much do we want ndr_misc.c to be
blown up. Now the Samba3 version already has for example
definitions for server_id (pid_t plus node in the cluster
case).

Volker