samba4 gentoo ebuild?

Tiago Batista tsbatista at ua.pt
Mon Sep 10 02:42:10 GMT 2007

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:10:05 +1000
Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:

> Why not just compile it from source?  You can even set the prefix to
> something other than /usr/local/samba if you like.
>
> Andrew Bartlett

I am ok with building it from source, in fact, I have done ir once or
twice before. But I usualy find that using ebuilds even during the
testing phase speeds up the update/rebuild/test cycle!

I was just wondering if someone else shared my preference...

As it turns out, I expect to have some free time mid september, so I
hope I can use it to start learning about samba4 new features :)

Thank you all for the great work you are doing!

Tiago