Where to for Samba4?

arafangion arafangion at fussycoder.id.au
Fri Sep 7 12:42:45 GMT 2007

It'd be nice having a one page document showing all the pieces needed
for a full samba-based windows network, with all components,
particularly with respect to having samba3, samba4, and what each can
and can't (currently) do, with a short paragraph or two summarising why
we should use Samba4 and not just do it in ldap? (Because I don't
actually know :)  I've assumed that samba4 is somehow more
convenient...)  This should detail suggested ways in which samba4 could
be administered.

The reason I suggest this is because samba seems to be getting more
complex, particularly during this transition period.

(Consider this a suggestion from a mere home user - I have yet to
actually run an AD of my own).

(Please don't hesitate to tell me if this is a stupid suggestion.)