Where to for Samba4?

simo idra at samba.org
Fri Sep 7 12:37:47 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 21:48 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> I was wondering why I have this gut feeling against the samba4AD
> tagging, and perhaps this is it.  We need Samba4 to look and position
> like a serious release, or else it won't be.

Andrew, Samba4WINS didn't stop samba4 from going on, samba4AD won't as
well, but will make it usable for a lot of people (which means, testing,
bug reports, patches).

I am not sure why you want to rush, we can release good code without
getting out a half working release.

I am with metze on this one.

Simo.

--