Where to for Samba4?

Matt Schwartz mes5048 at verizon.net
Thu Sep 6 11:16:56 GMT 2007

Andrew made an excellent argument against implementation of NetBIOS browsing.  I concur.  However, I always saw printing services and file sharing as a staple of Samba and there should be efforts to implement that in Samba4 sooner rather than later.  My guess is it would lessen the reticense of some people to begin using it.  AS for the blogs that are callings Samba4 a Samba 3 borg, pay ye no mind.  They haven't really seen the rather significant performance differences between the two.