[SAMBA4] Access control

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Sep 5 02:10:30 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 20:45 -0500, Matt Schwartz wrote:
> Just something I noticed but when you have a computer that is not
> joined or logged into a domain browse the samba 4 server, you are not
> required to supply a username in the form, DOMAIN\Username.
> Typically, a Win2K3 server will ask you to supply the username in the
> form DOMAIN\Username.

Perhaps you could provide more context?  I'm not quite sure what client
and protocol you are talking about, and what you want done bout it.

In some modes, we are fairly lax about the sent domain, if it doesn't
make sense to be strict about it.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.