phpldapadmin for Samba4 SWAT?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Sep 4 13:02:11 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 08:40 -0400, simo wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 16:36 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > I expect to release Samba4 alpha1 as-is, unless I get some violent
> > objections.  But I want to look forward to a resolution on the SWAT and
> > management question.
> >
> > I had a chat with tridge today, and we had a play with phpldapadmin,
> > against Win2k3, and it works very well.
> >
> > As such, I wonder if, rather than continue with our own LDB browser in
> > SWAT, if we should instead either generate a apache config snippit to
> > host phpldapadmin, or host phpldapadmin (via PHP as a CGI binary) in
> > SWAT?
>
> phpldapadmin is available in most distributions, I used it in the past
> and find it very nice, but I am completely opposed in distributing it
> inside samba. Let the admins use it if they want, but I see no reason
> why we should distribute it.

Neither do I, which is why I suggest simply providing sample
configurations, just like we do BIND.

Tridge's suggestion to host it in SWAT (run system PHP on system
phpldapadmin as a CGI binary, in our webserver) is very interesting, and
would provide a nice compromise between integration and code maintenance
cost.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.