Look over release notes for Samba4?

Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer mwallnoefer at yahoo.de
Mon Sep 3 10:37:10 GMT 2007

Andrew Bartlett schrieb:
> Can someone please take a look at these release notes, which will go out
> with Samba4 alpha1?
>
> Thanks,

Andrew, I find the text is OK. But I've two comments:

    * For me SAMBA 4 at the moment can *only* be an Active Directory
      Domain Controller. I haven't seen other uses working (domain
      member, standalone file sharing in a workgroup). Maybe we should
      explain this more obvious.
    * The STATUS file seems for a long time now empty. It would be
      better to point instead to the wiki (SAMBA 4) or to bugzilla,
      where I opened threads with not yet implemented features.

Matthias