memory leak ldb_dn

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Wed Oct 31 10:07:48 GMT 2007

Andrew Bartlett schrieb:
> On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 16:49 +0100, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> we're currently leaking ldb_dn structures on the null_context,
>> the smbd gets up to 100MB ram...
>>
>> I think it was there a few days now...
>>
>> Could you take a look at it?
>
> I'm presuming that's my fault, but I can't for the life of my figure out
> where I'm leaking it from...
>
> I suppose valgrind might be able to tell me somehow...

http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=25755
fixes the ldb_dn stuff, but I fear that was not the reason for 100MB ram.

make test TESTS=samba4.RPC-BENCH-RPC

let smbd to use up to 42MB after the first test finished
and under gdb I generated:

talloc report on 'struct event_context' (total  90525 bytes in 4302 blocks)

talloc report on 'autofree_context' (total 3986998 bytes in 559814 blocks)

talloc report on 'null_context' (total    174 bytes in   9 blocks)

But that also doesn't explain it...

Also make valgrindtest TESTS=samba4.RPC-BENCH-RPC doesn't report
something...

metze