Large Write_Andx messages

Mikael Klamra mklamra at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 19:16:30 GMT 2007

HI,
Thanks for the tips. I'm giving up on using batched WRITE_ANDX
messages since it apparently doesn't work properly on Windows.

I have not confused the CAP_LARGE_* bits and batched messages. They
are related. My original question concerned how to batch WRITE_ANDX
messages for Windows servers. Windows Server 2003 seems to have some
support for this. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have managed to
batch two WRITE_ANDX messages and send the batched message to a
Windows server without errors. However, my experiments show that this
only works when the total size of the batch message is less than about
4700 bytes. When the total size is larger, the server returns an
error. It thus seems that Windows supports batched WRITE_ANDX
messages, but only if the total message size is small. The server
returns an error even if I set the CAP_LARGE_* bits to indicate that I
want to use messages that are up to 64 KB.

Mikael