Initial recvfile VFS change

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Oct 30 03:59:49 GMT 2007

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 09:35:58PM -0400, simo wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 17:54 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > +#if defined(HAVE_SPLICE_SYSCALL)
> > +ssize_t sys_recvfile(int fromfd,
> > +                       int tofd,
> > +                       SMB_OFF_T offset,
> > +                       size_t count)
> > +{
> > +       errno = ENOSYS
> > +       return -1;
> > +}
> > +#else
>
> Is this right?
> Weren't you supposed to actually support splice?

It's a placeholder for now. Adding the splice()
call is really simple, getting the recvfile
emulation right was hard so I did that first
(plus you need it in the error case anyway :-).

Once I've got the rest of the changes sorted
out I'll add the actual call to splice() so
I can micro-benchmark between splice and
emulation.

Stevef, at that point we can turn on
the 16mb writes from the CIFSFS client :-).

Jeremy.