ntdsutil coding and API

William Baker bbaker at priefert.com
Mon Oct 29 18:34:54 GMT 2007

I've been digging around the docs and code preparing to put something
functional in my
version of ntdsutil.  I've come to the conclusion that the API to use is
the DRSUAPI.
The first function of interesting is DsBind.

It appears that ntdsutil could be written with dcerpc_drsuapi_DsBind and
related
functions, but wouldn't it be cleaner to use a higher level library
implementing
win32 functions such as DsBind?  Any chance that the utility could be
compatible at
a code level with windows code?  Assuming that code sharing between
Samba/Wine
is desirable, wouldn't this be the way to go?  It would seem the "higher
level library"
might even already exist in Wine.

I assume that I am not the first person to reach that conclusion, and
that those who
have gone before me are smarter than I am and have valuable input for me.

bbaker