SOCKET_WRAPPER_PCAP_FILE on debian x86_64

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Oct 22 04:25:43 GMT 2007

Metze,

I've been trying to get some SOCKET_WRAPPER_PCAP_FILE based traces off a
debian unstable x86_64 virtual machine, but it seems (from tracing in
GDB) that we are failing this
	/*
	 * TODO: don't use the structs use plain buffer offsets
	 *       and PUSH_U8(), PUSH_U16() and PUSH_U32()
	 *
	 * for now make sure we disable PCAP support
	 * if the struct has alignment!
	 */
	if (sizeof(h) != SWRAP_FILE_HDR_SIZE) {
		return NULL;
	}

Is there something I should be doing to ensure we don't get this
aligned, or are you intending to fix it up to use push macros?

I find the PCAP output to be most useful, so it was a disappointment for
it not to work (particularly without a warning or notice).

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.