svn commit: samba r25689 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/torture/raw: .

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 09:15:48 GMT 2007

On the other hand,
a solaris client will be VERY careful and not ask for READ to go
beyond the end of file   and potentially might for this reason ignore
the eof-flag   since that flag becomes a bit pointless for a client
that keeps track of what a previous GETATTR told about a filesize.

I had reason to investigate how HPUX handled this flag and
read-beyond-end-of-file-requests
when I had to troubleshoot why a non-linux nfs server made soem hpux
boxens really really unhappy.   I unfortunately no longer have access
to the tools i wrote to test and document which clients honour the
eof-flag and which clients avoid reading beyong-eof by using the
GETATTR filesize data. :-(

>From memory I know how hpux (all versions), aix (only had access to
old versions)   solaris and linux behaved.     we didnt care about any
other versions really.