Samba Mount : Case In-sensitivity

satishjadhav at hsbc.co.in satishjadhav at hsbc.co.in
Tue Oct 16 20:26:24 GMT 2007

Hi All,

We are working with Content Management tool TeamSite. We have servers
connected to TeamSite via Samba.  The servers and TeamSite  are on
Unix/linux.  The samba shares on our server been configured to make them
case sensitive.

Adding 'case sensitive=yes' line in iw.smb.conf file in share, is not
working. Files mounted on our servers  via Samba to TeamSite  is not
providing case sensitivity.

For example.

Once we login to our server and move to mount point and access files of
TeamSite from Samba,  and execute the ls -lrt command, the following file
list is displayed.

If I execute the  ls -lrt  with regex , is executing properly,

But if I execute the command, ls -lrt g_PAGE_BUILDER.jsp , the file is
g_PAGE_BUILDER.jsp is show, as it is taking case in-sensitive.

We have configured the smb.conf file with case sensitivity and short
preserve case, but not working.

Please let us know, if we are missing any configuration setting. As it is
creating problem in running our application.

Waiting for your reply

Thanks and Regards,
SatishKumar T Jadhav
Office : 001- 201 386 7411

HSBC Software Development (India) Pvt Ltd
HSBC Center Riverside,West Avenue ,
25 B Kalyani Nagar Pune  411 006 INDIA

Telephone: +91 20 26683000
Fax: +91 20 26681030