[Lam-public] sambaLockoutThreshold

Roland Gruber post at rolandgruber.de
Tue Oct 16 15:06:56 GMT 2007

Hi Luf,

Ludek Finstrle schrieb:
>   I've tried set the accound locking in Domain after x wrong passwords
> is entered. It always lock the account after first wrong password.
> I think that LAM interpret the sambaLockoutThreshold bad way.
>   I think sambaLockoutThreshold is number of wrong password attempts
> before account is locked. But LAM interpret it as 0 - disabled,
> 1 - enabled.

it would be far easier if there was more documentation about this attribute.

@Samba developers: Can you help us? What values can I enter into
sambaLockoutThreshold?

The schema file just says:

'Lockout users after bad logon attempts (default: 0 => off)'

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

--

Best regards

Roland Gruber

LDAP Account Manager
http://lam.sourceforge.net

Want more? Get LDAP Account Manager Pro!
http://lam.sourceforge.net/lamPro/index.htm